Effective Date: August 3, 2022
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Online Analytics and Advertising
- How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- Retention of Your Information
- Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
- Third Party Links and Features
- Children’s Privacy
- International Users
- How We Protect Your Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Our Contact Information
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services.
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- The Services you use
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise
- Your participation in sweepstakes, contests, or surveys
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
Information about you (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Information about your customer service interactions with us
- Information provided in your responses to surveys we conduct
Quotes, photographs, and other information if you choose to serve as a “Case Study” listed on our website
Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you elect not to register with or provide such information, you may not be able to access certain content, features, or services available on or through the Services. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Services, such as service announcements, administrative messages, special promotions, and newsletters, which are considered part of your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATED MEANS
When you use our Services, we collect certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”) as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf), may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.Specifically, when you use our website, we collect and analyze Non-PII such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, ISP, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device.
- SOCIAL MEDIA INFORMATION
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHERS
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, advertising, and products.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We, or our service providers, use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you, in order to:
- Provide the Services you have requested
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Trilligent and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the content you see on the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research and reports, and test and create new products, features, and services
- Secure our Services and resolve technical issues being reported
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/Anonymous Data. We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use such information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the terms of service of our websites or a purchase you made)
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our website and applications; operate our business and our Services; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services)
- Where we have a reason to process the data in accordance with the laws of an EU Member State
- Where we have your consent to engage in a particular processing activity.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Automatically Collect” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tracking pixels/web beacons, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions. Our cookie does not include your name or anything personal to you. It simply tells us that we have encountered your computer at some prior point.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- ONLINE ADVERTISING
Please note that if you exercise the choices above, you may still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
- NOTICE CONCERNING DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Trilligent will share your information in the following ways:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share information we collect within the Trilligent family to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
- Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. However, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of sharing such information.
- Trilligent Clients. Unless we expressly notify you otherwise at the time of collection, we may share information that we receive from and about you with Trilligent clients to inform you of special events and other information that may be relevant to you.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, we may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws (e.g., in the EU) may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
SPYWARE OR ADWARE
These terms refer to applications that are downloaded to your computer. These types of applications deliver ads (usually in the form of pop-up type ads) based on your web usage. We do not participate in any way with spyware or adware applications, and we do not download these types (or any types) of applications without your expressed acceptance. Cookies and .swf files are not spyware or adware, and they are not harmful to your computer.
The Services are directed to, and intended for use by, adults only. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Website at https://trilligent.com/terms-of use/.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you reside. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Trilligent takes technical and organizational security measures to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to Trilligent via the Internet.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of “personal information” (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Trilligent does not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.